Learning Theory Behavior Plan
Reflect back on the learning theories of classical conditioning and operant conditioning. For this assignment, you will have an opportunity to apply what you have learned to create a “behavior plan” to mediate behavior change. You will develop a plan to decrease undesirable behavior, and increase desirable behavior. Review the Appendix in your textbook pp. 537-543 (Included in uploads)to help develop your thinking for this project.
1. First, create a one-paragraph “case study” of an individual who displays undesirable behavior. Here is a sample case study for your review :
Storey, K., & Haymes, L. (2017). Case study nineteen: Angeline. In Case studies in behavior analysis for students and adults with disabilities (pp. 309-310). Springfield, IL: Charles C Thomas Publisher, LTD. 2.
Then answer the following questions using appropriate conditioning terminology:
• Identify the target behavior of interest.
• Discuss how you would operationalize the behavior and measure its occurrence.
• Identify the circumstances under which the behavior typically occurs.
• Discuss how you think the behavior “came to be,” based on the most relevant theory of conditioning.
• Identify a common stimulus for this behavior.
• Identify a common consequence of this behavior.
• Identify how you would attempt to change the behavior using conditioning principles (behavior plan).
o, Identify how you would reduce the undesirable behavior.
o, Identify how you would increase a substitute desirable behavior. • Discuss how you would follow up to determine whether or not your behavior plan was effective.
• Support the efficacy of your behavior modification plan by citing and referencing at least three (3) scholarly sources.
• This paper should be a minimum of three (3) pages in length. The page requirement does not include the title and reference pages.
Image preview for”for this assignment, you will have an opportunity to apply what you have learned to create a “behavior plan” to mediate behavior change.”