Soil and plant nutrition
Read the following textbook pages: Chapter 37, 804 – 818
Answer the following Concept Questions:
1. Give three supporting reasons why soil is considered a complex ecosystem.
2. Which ions are more likely to be leached from the soil by decreasing pH—cations or anions? Explain soil cation exchange.
3. Identify the three most common mineral deficiencies and describe the deficiency symptoms of each one. Use maize (corn) leaves as your example when describing the symptoms.
4. how do mutualist relationships with soil bacteria and mycorrhizae contribute to plant nutrition? How do the soil bacteria and mycorrhizae benefit?
5. Describe three unusual (and nonmutualistic) nutritional adaptations in plants. For each adaptation, including how the plant obtains water, nutrients, and productions of photosynthesis.
Image preview for”give three supporting reasons why soil is considered a complex ecosystem.”