nutrition licensing laws
First, research the nutrition licensing laws for your state and share the results with your classmates. List at least two different job titles/options you can search for using your Bachelor’s in Nutrition degree. Next, complete a job search for
Before you begin this discussion, review the following presentations:
Now that you have almost completed your BS degree in Nutrition, let’s prepare for your future as a nutrition professional. This Discussion is going to require some research. In at least 150 words, answer the following:
First, research the nutrition licensing laws for your state and share the results with your classmates. List at least two different job titles/options you can search for using your Bachelor’s in Nutrition degree. Next, complete a job search for each of the two you chose and share the job title, description, and qualifications for each job. Finally, out of the two you have researched, which one do you feel you will be most qualified for and in which ways?
NS 499 U9DB
The state of Indiana only requires licensure for registered dieticians. Nutritionists do not have to be licensed, but most have a bachelor’s degree or better to be considered a Nutritionist (Nutritioned.org, n.d.). You can become a licensed nutritionist if you wish to. You can use a degree in nutrition to become a health coach or weight loss coach. I completed a search for these positions and received multiple hits via Indeed.
- Nutrition Coach Indeed. (n.d.) https://www.indeed.com/
Full Job Description
The nation’s leading administrator of long-term care insurance services is looking for YOU. This is your opportunity to join a company with a culture that promotes respect for people, integrity, learning and initiative.
WE ARE THE KIND OF EMPLOYER YOU DESERVE.
LTCG is a leading provider of business process outsourcing for the insurance industry, managing over 1.3 million long-term care policies for the nation’s largest insurers. We also provide clients with unique risk management insight built upon our proprietary long term care databases.
The LTCG certified Remote Health Coach will work telephonically with adults who have long term care insurance, but who are not currently in active claim status, to establish activity, health and wellness goals, then motivate, support and monitor progress through ongoing coaching
REMOTE HEALTH COACH RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes a schedule for coaching contacts, which considers the complexity of health and functional status and includes the social support system (spouse, children, etc.).
- Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques to help clients set and achieve goals.
- Reviews in-person assessments conducted by the field nurse assessors to understand any physical and/or social support and/or home safety risk factors for falls and the individual’s self-perception of their functional abilities and their propensity to fall.
- Engages with the individual’s health care providers, as appropriate, to discuss ongoing health needs and interventions supportive of their fall prevention and health improvement plans.
- Establishes a fall prevention and health improvement plan with the client and the participation of the individual’s family or other support system that documents agreed-upon goals to improve health and safety. That includes providing education on fall risk and prevention, medication issues such as polypharmacy, and discussing exercise, nutrition, and social engagement.
- Assists with making necessary health care appointments and/or finding community resources to increase strength, endurance, balance and activity levels.
- Communicates with a wide variety of health care professionals, including field nurse assessors, to augment information obtained from medical records and assessments to make appropriate modifications to the individual’s fall prevention and health improvement action plan.
- Maintains written records of interactions with and on behalf of the individual according to a pre-approved system format.
- Acts as a broad and deep health coach resource leader with an enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives and function of older individuals.
- Consistently meet department productivity goals as defined by business needs and team metrics.
- Communicate escalations in a timely fashion to Supervisor for case conference.
- Participate in weekly team huddles and quarterly Grand Rounds.
Remote Health Coach Minimum Qualifications
- Current Health Coach Certification or similar experience for at least 2 years. If not certified, must be willing to complete certification if needed.
- Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Registered Dietician, or Active Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Social Worker (LSW only if experienced in clinical setting with older adults), or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field.
- Experience with motivational interviewing and phone-based health coaching with the geriatric population.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook or similar database software applications.
Remote Health Coach Preferred Qualifications
- H Experience working with healthcare, long-term disability or long-term care insurance/claims.
- Previous telephonic coaching experience.
- Previous experience working with geriatric population.
- Health Coach Certification.
LTCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA) and participates in E-Verify. LTCG will not discriminate in its employment and employment-related decisions against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, creed, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, membership or activity on a local commission, or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Assessments: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health Coach (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Weight Loss Coach Indeed. (n.d.) https://www.indeed.com/ NUTRITION & WEIGHT LOSS COACH –
The position is a full time telecommuting role
HIIP is seeking professional, energetic Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaches to support its nationwide expansion. The position is a telecommuting role that can be based anywhere in the U.S., and as such requires the ability to work remotely, with a dedicated, private work space and high-speed internet access appropriate for conducting phone and online enrollment consultations and coaching sessions. The Nutrition and Weight Loss Coach position requires a four-year degree (or greater) in Nutrition or Dietetics.
HIIP Coaches are responsible for establishing and then managing ongoing relationships with HIIP members, ensuring the highest level of member satisfaction and success. Coaches conduct initial membership consultations with prospective members who have expressed interest in WeightNot, educating, screening and enrolling qualified participants. Coaches then serve as the primary relationship manager and point of contact for those new members, offering support and guidance throughout their programs. As part of their responsibility for enrolling and managing a pool of members, Coaches also extend and renew member programs as appropriate based on member needs and requests. This position requires the mastery of HIIP protocols and underlying nutritional and physiological principles, strong written and verbal communication skills and goal orientation. HIIP Coaches are evaluated based on their achievement of goals related to member weight loss success/outcomes and support quality, as well as enrollment and renewal rate goals.
- Bachelors Degree or greater in Nutrition or Dietetics REQUIRED (Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Health Education/Promotion, Nursing, Psychology, etc. are NOT CONSIDERED ADEQUATE)
- Prior sales experience REQUIRED; weight loss, nutrition/health, fitness and phone-based sales a strong plus
- Prior nutrition coaching experience REQUIRED;
- Educational and/or professional background and interest in nutrition, health and behavioral management
- Desire to help members achieve their weight loss and health goals
- Ability to proactively solve problems
- Patience, perspective and empathy in dealing with member concerns
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience using technologies such as hosted phone system/dialer, CRM, online presentation and videoconferencing applications also a plus
- Must have appropriate, dedicated private work space with high speed internet access available full time (ALL WORK is to be conducted from your home office; this is not a “mobile” position)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work full time including some evening and weekend hours
- Effective time management skills
- Customer service/support experience a plus
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting phone-based program orientations with new and returning members
- Serving as a coach and counselor to members during their programs through proactive, regular outreach (by phone and email), and responding to member emails, calls, social media, online community and help desk submissions
- Maintaining accurate records of member interactions in central database
- Tracking member results (including photos, statistics)
- Contributing to program improvement by collecting/compiling member inquiries and comments, and developing educational content for members
- Achieving a monthly personal sales/program extension goals by assessing member or alumni weight loss needs versus achievement to date, and suggesting additional services or program extensions as appropriate
Either of these are suitable with my education and current certifications ( NASM-CNC). Many employment opportunities in this field require additional certifications, too
Indeed. (n.d.) https://www.indeed.com/
Nutritioned.org. (n.d.). Becoming a nutritionist in Indiana. https://www.nutritioned.org/indiana-nutritionist/
Answer preview for First, research the nutrition licensing laws for your state and share the results with your classmates. List at least two different job titles/options you can search for using your Bachelor’s in Nutrition degree. Next, complete a job search for