Math in the bible
Estimating the Cost of Building Noah’s Ark Today
Instructions Submitting the Assignment
Genesis 6: 15 “And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.”
In this assignment, we will use the following measurements.
1. The dimensions of Noah’s Ark are 300 cubits by 50 cubits by 30 cubits.
2. For our purposes, we will approximate these dimensions as 510 feet by 85 feet by 51 feet.
3. Using V = LWH, the volume of Noah’s Ark is approximately 2,210, 850 cubic feet.
We will use this information to estimate the cost of building Noah’s Ark today.
Download the Math in the Bible 2 Excel Spreadsheet from Session 2. You can use the spreadsheet to answer the questions below by simply entering the required information and examining the spreadsheet. You will need to research the dimensions (length, width, height) and cost of two boats: a yacht and a cruise ship. Be sure that the height is the height of the cabin, or body (not the sail). For each type of boat, enter the dimensions in feet and the cost in dollars. You can use the internet to research the dimensions and cost of a yacht and cruise ship. Note that the size of the boats does not matter. Once you enter the information, the spreadsheet will automatically calculate the cost of Noah’s Ark.
1. Estimate the cost of building Noah’s Ark today.
Note: In the event, you do not have Excel, you can complete the assignment by calculating the cost per cubic foot of both the yacht and cruise ship. Then multiply the average cost times the volume of Noah’s Ark in order to estimate
Submitting the Assignment
1. Upload a Word or PDF file in the course for the Math in the Bible 2 assignment.
2. Be sure the document includes your name and the answers to each question. Please include both the questions and answers in the document you submit.
3. You can either include screenshots of the spreadsheet or you can include the appropriate data from the table and a description of what you did.
4. Include a brief summary paragraph that includes any thoughts and observations you might have about the assignment. The more information you include, the easier it is for your instructor
Image preview for”estimate the cost of building Noah’s Ark today.”