Intro to police studies and culture and personality
The questions below are related to police studies course PSC 101
For question one you have to write it based on the book and any other sources so the book is John S. Dempsey and Linds S. Frost,2018, An introduction to policing(9th edition) Cengage.
1. Police officers often talk about locations that will give half-price meals or a free cup of coffee to those in law enforcement. Do you think accepting such offers is a good practice? Explain why or why not use the text and any other sources for your answer.
2. Police unions exist to harness the power of individual workers into one group, the union, which can speak with one voice for all the members. Research the different police unions and detail the benefits that these organizations provide for the officers.
3. Explain the concept of the unity of command. Why is this important to law enforcement? What can happen if the unity of command is violated?
In this second question, you have to watch the video below and answer the following questions below.
“Civil Service Reform”
1. Discuss what you see in the video. What was the policy of President Andrew Jackson? What was the cost to Chester Arthur? How has civil service reform helped the federal worker?
The next set of questions are related with the culture and personality course ANT/PSY/SOC 310
1. Define the “cultural critique” approach in Anthropology.
“For if one begins with the premise that spaces have always been hierarchically interconnected, instead of naturally disconnected, that cultural and social change becomes not a matter of cultural contact and articulation but one of rethinking differences through connection (Gupta and Ferguson 1992: 8).”
Respond to my classmate’s response below with a substantial response.
Self-identity and the politics of difference make a point where individuals who can relate can understand the cultural changes and how in the political eye it differs totally. You don’t see the politicians trying to win over someone that is not on their side it is, however, a more relationship of showing the independence of the nations throughout society. It all depends on how everything is organized and placed in society. Politicians won’t change what they believe in just because another group of politicians disagrees. There is a difference between the higher-powered group and the group that is structured a certain way. No person who is rich is going to, listen to someone who is seen as less fortunate to them. In other words, many people are strictly to stay around those who they fit in with. Just because you are not the same but can share a part of something similar such as a favorite color or what you believe in in this sense depends solely on the way someone understands and believes.
Image preview for”police officers often talk about locations that will give half-price meals or a free cup of coffee to those in law enforcement.”