Introducing Natural Environments
Answer TWO questions.
Both answers contribute equally to the examination mark.
© Birkbeck College 2022
Page 2 of 2
- Outline the main data requirements that might enable us to gain a better insight
into the way in which shorelines respond to storms, and the potential for
subsequent shoreline recovery.
- Describe one specific data set that addresses an environmental issue. Outline the
environmental issue, and show how you might analyse the data set to derive some
conclusions that improve our understanding of that environmental issue.
- Identify some keys ways in which humans have influenced natural fire regimes
and describe the social and ecological consequences.
- Describe with the aid of at least two examples how environmental processes can
be monitored and managed with the aid of remote sensing approaches.
- Discuss whether you think the Anthropocene should be officially recognised as
an epoch. Give arguments for and against such official recognition and include a
potential starting date that you think would be most appropriate if the
Anthropocene were to become an official epoch.
- Describe how we can use natural archives such as lake sediment records to
reconstruct human impacts on the landscape across the Holocene and on to the
END OF PAPER
APA Format,2358 words