- Always have a thesis statement.
- Be sure your evidence answers and proves your thesis statement
- No 1st and 2nd person writing in a historical paper, (do not put yourself in the paper)
- Past tense writing only!!! History happens in the past so only write in past tense.
- Be sure to mention the book and document before quoting from it.
- The name of the book and document should be in italics.
- When you quote someone be sure to acknowledge who you are quoting, use correct punctuation, close the quote and insert a footnote.
- Be sure to use Chicago Manual style.
- Standard rules for the paper. 1 inch margins, Times New Roman, 12 font and double space.
- Use a header not heading, Name-Class-Date
- No contracted words.
- No abbreviations
APA Format, 1259 words