Service Industry Analytics
• Sport and Hospitality topics will be assigned in class week 2.
• Students will need to use the basic brief provided below to create research question/s and objectives.
• In your sampling frame consider how to collect a representative sample from different campuses, or possibly a comparison of just a few campus populations. Confirm this with your tutor.
• Each topic can be selected by only one group per tutorial.
1. Student expectations of on-campus sporting facilities. What facilities they know about, utilize, and what they would like to see invested in for the future.
2. Is lunchtime social sport of interest to students? Investigate what they would like and why.
3. Would students get involved with twilight sporting competitions run on campus? Similar to external indoor sports centers and other community-based offerings (ego-tag, indoor netball, futsal, etc).
4. Do students want and have a passion for opportunities to represent the University in a sporting sense against other institutions?
5. Student participation in sports on-campus versus off-campus. Investigate levels of participation, types of sports, and motivations for participation.
1. Healthy eating on Campus – how can WSU make sure our students are eating healthy. Can we incentivize students to consider what they are eating and how to plan their meals for the day?
2. What else do students want to see on campus in terms of food services/experiences? Can include permanent or temporary offerings. Consider latest food trends and feasibility of options.
3. How can WSU use food services to assist student residents as a tool to help them adjust and socialize. Consider budgets, getting them out of their units, how to fit in more.
4. Evaluate the foodservice initiatives associated with Mental Health & wellbeing promotions/activities. Consider the different WSU campuses & service offerings, cohorts…
Image preview for”would students get involved with twilight sporting competitions run on campus?”