Scenario Chapter 3
To create a handout with ideas on how to integrate drama and block play and to evaluate your handout.
You are a lead teacher in a pre-K center. One of your colleagues, Mr. Perez, has come to you for advice. The children in his class love to play in the Block Center, but they do not typically approach the center and its materials very creatively. He is interested in ideas to encourage the children to use the center more creatively. Like you, he knows how important block play is in providing opportunities for all types of development. You recommend integrating drama into the Block Center as a way to provide children with opportunities to think creatively. You are in charge of providing professional development to your colleagues at the next staff meeting, so you decide to create a handout that will be useful for Mr. Perez and your other colleagues in understanding the importance of block play and drama, along with suggested opportunities to facilitate this kind of play.
1. Create a handout you can share with your colleagues. Your handout should explain the importance of block play and drama in the early childhood classroom. You should also provide at least five specific ideas on how your colleagues can facilitate this kind of play in their own classrooms.
2. Be sure to read the REFLECTION section below to guide your thinking. Write your reflection after you have created your handout.
3. Review the assessment rubric to see how your assignment and reflection will be graded
1. For each component of your handout:
a. Explain how this component addresses the issues in the scenario.
b. Give evidence from the chapter supporting this component (with citations).
2. Describe and justify how your handout would improve teaching and learn in the scenario.
Image preview for”to create a handout with ideas on how to integrate drama and block play and to evaluate your handout.”