(Links to an external site.)
Read the CNN article and watch the video:
- Identify key phrases (e.g. “you don’t see a lot of rapid response to a strategic issue“) that reveal values, cultural traits, or sources of intercultural miscommunication
- What values, communication styles, and cultural traits do these key phrases indicate?
- Would you expect to see this situation play out this way with an American company? Why or why not?
- How does having an awareness of the cultural explanation behind this story change your outlook on the situation?
- Have you experienced a culturally-based conflict or clash? If so, share the conflict with your peers.
Address ALL the above questions then respond to one of your peers’ posts.
All Module discussions are worth 40 points. You must completely answer the prompts and incorporate materials from readings, other resources such as videos and TBW work. Your responses need to thoughtful and show that you not only covered your materials but also gave them thought. Your main post needs to be at least 350 words. You will need at least that many words to address the various prompts. Notice I said at least – this is the bare minimum. You do not have a word minimum on your response post but it must be substantive. The criteria for your response is that it must show me that you read your peer’s post, that you gave it thought, and that you have responded to in a manner that adds to the conversation not just reiterates it. Your post should show some critique is warranted but it should never be mean. You need to work on the art of giving feedback in a constructive manner. You must cite all your work using APA. If you are unsure of how to cite using APA please reference this ASU Lib Guide – https://libguides.asu.edu/citing/APALinks to an external site.