1. topic- Detail Shakespeare’s use of a foil by citing personality characteristics and events in the play. 4. Detail the reversal between Lady Macbeth and Macbeth in the text.
2. Devise a thesis (one sentence controversial statement requiring support). 3. Write a thesis statement: In the play Macbeth, by William Shakespeare, …
4. Write down three statements of evidence to support the thesis. This is evidence from the text.
5. Develop each statement into a paragraph. This is commentary from the text. Commentary is how the evidence supports the thesis and develops the entire play as a whole. Be sure to take notes on this as I go over it in class.
6. Add a direct quote from the play in each of the evidence paragraphs using MLA style: “Is this a dagger which I see before me” (Act II scene iii). THIS MUST BE EXACTLY AS SHOWN!
7. Write the introduction (it belongs first in the paper, but must be written last).
a.Apply the topic to today’s world (seven to eight sentences total) -OR- Use a universal theme –
ideas that relate to most people
b.Provide at least three sentences of specific examples of the theme/topic in today’s world c.the the last sentence of the introduction is the thesis statement
Image preview for”write a thesis statement: In the play Macbeth, by William Shakespeare”