Unemployment Insurance and Social Security (01:33) From A&E Classroom: FDR—The Voice of Change
2. From Moyers & Company: The Path of Positive Resistance (segments 6, 7, 8)
3. NOW with Bill Moyers: A Question of Fairness (57:52)
Answer these questions
Why did FDR create the social programs he created? Were these programs actually needed? Was there any other option?
Explain why the speakers say our system of democracy is failing? Do you agree? What is their solution? Is their solution a good one?
The last video continues the discussion of democracy in America. Why is America seen as “unfair/unjust”? Who is at faulty for this? What situations caused this unfairness? Explain what deregulation is and how it and taxes are part of the problem (and the solution).
1. TEDTalks: Alex Steffen—The Shareable Future of Cities, 10 minutes (Item number 48211)
2. Moyers & Company: Hurricanes and Democracy, Segments 10-15 (Item Number 52595)
3. Moyers & Company: The Children’s Climate Crusade, Segments 3-9 (Item NUmber 66052)
Answer these questions :
1. What is the connection between climate change and cities? How can cities help minimize global warming?
2. Why are corporations at fault for our climate/global warming problem? What is the “shock doctrine”? How can people and the public sector (the government and all its services) help create a better environmental future?
3. What is the purpose of the children’s climate change lawsuits? Why does she say activists have to use the courts instead of legislation?
APA Format,374 words