MANAGING IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
1. Please read Case Study 9, chapter 7: Faith and Health (https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_leading-with-cultural-intelligence/s09-09-case-study-9-faith-and-health.html). Please be sure to particularly address the following questions related to the case:
Using what you know about cultural intelligence, analyze the situation in terms of national, regional, and individual levels.
For each of the five behaviors and needs outlined, find a strategy, or strategies, to resolve the issues. Utilize the basics of developing and practicing cultural strategic thinking within chapter 4 (https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_leading-with-cultural-intelligence/s09-09-case-study-9-faith-and-health.html) and the attached file.
Determine how the hospital can increase their cultural strategic thinking to ensure patients are addressed with care and compassion regardless of their individual culture and beliefs.
Read the General Guidelines for Case Studies and review the Case Analysis Rubric.
The paper should cite 2 additional sources.
2. Using the concept of metacognitive knowledge (the learning processes, your beliefs about how you learn and how you think others learn; the task of learning and how you process information; and the strategies you develop and when you will use them), discuss how you would learn a new skill for your job in 6 months. Discuss each of the following areas in detail:
The learning process
Tasks of learning
The strategies that you will use to meet this goal.
A paper should cite 2 additional sources.
General Guidelines for Case Studies
Simply answering the questions which are part of the case is not enough; consider the questions to be clues to the important concepts and facts. You are strongly encouraged to use the following outline so that your analysis is organized appropriately:
1. Identify both the key issues and the underlying issues. In identifying the issues, you should be able to connect them to the business principles which apply to this situation.
2. Discuss the facts which affect these issues. The case may have too much information. In your discussion, you should filter the information and discuss those facts which are pertinent to the issues identified above.
3. Discuss your tentative solution to the problem and how you would implement your solution. What actions would you propose to respond to the situation, based on the knowledge you have gained in this course? You should draw on knowledge gained in your readings, experience and coursework (in this course and others) to support your response. Be sure to properly cite references in APA format. You should also draw on other references such as business periodicals and relevant journals. Remember that an analysis is more than simply a summary of the Case Study.
4. Discuss follow-up and contingency plans. How will the organization know that your proposed solution is working?
What should they do if it does not work?
• Have you identified the critical issues/problems in the case and analyzed the key facts related to the
• Have you discussed a tentative solution that addresses the issues/problems and how you would implement
• Is information from the textbook and other sources integrated into your analysis appropriately? For all
sources, you must provide complete APA citations.
• Is the paper professionally presented? Remember your audience. It is important to present your information
as clearly and succinctly as possible. Do not sacrifice thoroughness for mere brevity.
• Have you read it over carefully and corrected any grammar and spelling errors?
· Description of the Case and Identification of Major Issues
· Connections to Course Readings, Material and Research
· Depth and Scope of Analysis
· Solutions and Strategies
· Writing Clarity and Quality
Image preview for”determine how the hospital can increase their cultural strategic thinking to ensure patients are addressed with care“