History Common Assignment
I. Reading Selection:
Select an article/monograph a scholarly historical periodical from the San Jacinto College Library System (either in print or through a database) or a topic of your choice pertaining to the historical period covered in this course (U.S. History Origins to 1877). You can find an article by clicking on the “History Research” link in the “Content” section of the Blackboard Course Web Site to access a link to the library database and other library services.
II. Preparation of Paper Analysis:
1. Thesis – Explain the author’s main arguments or focus of the topic or article.
2. Evidence – Analyze the evidence that the author uses to support his/her thesis. Does
the evidence support his/her thesis? (Please identify any primary sources used.) What qualifications does the author have that make him/her qualified to write on the subject?
3. Conclusion–Provide comments and/or criticisms of the work. Read and comment
on one or two contrary perspectives on the topic (one must be primary.) How does this issue affect your world today and does is change your outlook in any way or push you toward any action?
1. Typewritten, Double-Spaced on Letter-size (8 1/2″ x 11″) Plain White Paper. Font Size must be Times New Roman 12 point
3. Citation- refer to the Citation Help Tab in the San Jacinto College South Library Research/Database page for resources and directions on how to cite the article in the paper.
Download completed paper as a Word attachment in the SignatureAssessment Paper Submission link located in the Content section of the Blackboard Course Web Site on or before 11:59 PM on Friday 26 March 2021.
D. Tutorial Assistance
Take a copy of this instruction page with you and visit the writer’s center in the library on South Campus if you need assistance and/or have questions regarding how to complete the assignment.
Image preview for”select an article/monograph a scholarly historical periodical from the San Jacinto College Library System”