A well-developed paragraph is usually eight sentences. Check assignment directions as you write.
Content Development—To develop content for critique, students should consider the following brainstorming questions:
1. What is the author’s purpose? Is she or he trying to inform, persuade, or entertain? How can you tell?
2. To what extent does the author succeed in realizing that purpose? What means does she or he use?
3. How is the argument structured? Consider the author’s rhetoric.
4. What assumptions does the author make?
5. To what extent do you agree—or disagree—with the author? Why?
6. What assumptions are you making? State them clearly.
Image preview for”what is the author’s purpose?”