Overview of the Child Case Study Assignment
Directions for Unit 4 Child Case Study Entries 31-40
Number each entry and write a minimum of a paragraph for each one:
31. Your child is now 8 years old. What is his/her height and weight? When do you expect your child to begin their growth spurt?
32. What physical activities does your child participate in in school and outside of school? What advances have you noticed in their physical abilities and motor skills since the preschool years? Why is it important to make sure your child gets plenty of opportunities for physical activity?
33. Do a Conservation test with your 8-year-old. Describe the test. Did your child answer correctly when you asked if they still had the same amount? Use the terms decentration and reversibility to explain why.
34. You are helping your child with their math homework. The problem is: ½ + ¼ + ¼ = _______ Using what you have learned about the concrete operational stage, what can you do to better help your child understand and solve this problem?
35. Your child is doing better in school than your neighbor’s child who is in the same class. Name some different reasons why your child is having an easier time succeeding in school.
36. You volunteer in your child’s 3rd-grade class. You notice there is a child named Ben with special needs who are fully included in the class.
-Name and briefly describe Ben’s special need.
-Describe what full inclusion means and name the benefits this situation can have for both your child and for Ben.
37. You have noticed a bit of a dip in your child’s self-esteem. Describe which of Erikson’s Psychosocial stages he/she is currently in and how this can be a factor in your child’s level of self-esteem. What can you do to help build their self-esteem?
38. Describe the characteristics of your child’s friendships. What are the benefits of having peer relationships?
39. One of your child’s close friends named Ky who you sometimes have over for playdates has parents who have just gotten a divorce. What changes have you noticed in Ky? What advice could you give Ky’s parents to make the situation easier on Ky?
40. What was your favorite part about being a parent of a school-aged child? What do you look forward to or what concerns do you have as your child matures into an adolescent?
How to Get a Good Grade on this Assignment:
Each entry should be one paragraph long and contain specific examples and facts that relate to course information.
Each entry is worth two points.
0= entry is missing
1= entry only partially answers the prompt, or some information is incorrect
2= thorough response that shows an understanding of course material is given
While this Child Case Study assignment is assigned and turned in by unit, it is a collective project. To receive credit, you much complete all entries.
Review this Sample of the similar Child Case Study attached
Image preview for”what physical activities does your child participate in in school and outside of school?”