Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California. They incorporated Google as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. In the long journey of Google, it has achieved more things and grown up to the top company in the World. Google does something different which make awesome facts. So, here I’ve listed some of the awesome google facts that you have never heard.
1. The first Google Doodle was a Burning Man stick figure that came out on August 30, 1998.
The first Google Doodle was an out-of-office message. The day was August 30, 1998 — nearly two years after Larry Page and Sergey Brin had built a search engine in a Stanford dorm room, and less than a week before Google would officially incorporate as a company.
2. Google helps pronounce massive numbers if you type ‘=english’ after searching for a number.
If you are unable to pronounce a big number then no problem Google is with you. Just write any number and add ‘=english’ then you will get the exact pronunciation of that number.
3. The name ‘Google’ is actually derived from the mathematical term ‘googol’ which is basically 1 with a 100 zeros following it
A googol is 10 to the 100th power (which is 1 followed by 100 zeros). A googol is larger than the number of elementary particles in the universe, which amount to only 10 to the 80th power.
4. Co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin originally named Google ‘Backrub’
The domain Google.com was registered on September 15, 1997. But before that, founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin had another name for their search engine: They called it BackRub.
5. Google rents 200 Goats to “mow” the weeds and brush around headquarters.
6. Since 2010, Google has been acquiring an average of one company every week
Android, Youtube, Waze, you name it, Google owns it.
7. In 1998, the Google homepage includes a Yahoo-like punctuation mark: The exclamation point!
8. Larry and Sergey’s private planes have runways in NASA, where no other planes are allowed to land
9. Google owns common misspellings of its own name as well, such as www.gooogle.com, www.gogle.com, and www.googlr.com
10. The first April Fool joke was in 2000 when Google announced its mind-reading ability for searches called “MentalPlex”.
If someone clicked the MentalPlex circle, search results for “April Fools” appeared, as well as a notice that MentalPlex was “unclear on whether your search is about money or monkeys.”
Thanks for Scrolling.
Hope you like these Unknown Google Facts. Share it with your friends and family so that they can also know Google in a better way.