Everyone wants a professional and luxurious life. “Air Hostess” is also a profession that changes your ordinary life to professional. To become an “Air Hostess” is like a dream come true for the young girls.
Just think you are touching the sky, traveling one country to another and making high money then how much glamorous life will it be. Air Hostess is known for other names also i.e., Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant.
The German Heinrich Kubis was the world’s first flight attendant, in 1912. The first female flight attendant was 25-years old Ellen Church employed by United Airlines in 1930.
The most important things in Air hostesses are a person should be smart looking, smartly dressed and well groomed at all the time.
Air Hostess Courses
There are three types of courses available for Air Hostess.
- Certificate Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Degree Courses
1. Certificate Courses
Certificate courses can be pursued after completing 12th standard, usually, the course duration of a course is 6 months to 1 year but few fast track certificate courses can be just 3 months long.
Following are the list of Certificate Courses.
- Aviation Management and Hospitality
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant
- Air Hostess Management
- Air Lines Hospitality
- Hospitality and Tavel Management
- Airline Passenger Service
- Aviation Customer Service
- Air Hostess Training
- Airlines Hospitality
- Certificate in Aviation Security and Safety
2. Diploma Courses
Diploma courses can be pursued after completing 12th standard in any stream. The Diploma course duration in one year.
- Diploma in Airport Management & Customer Care
- Diploma in Airlines Management
- Diploma in Airlines and Travel Management
- Diploma in Ground handling And Cargo Management
- Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Professional Cabin Crew Services
- Diploma in Professional Ground Staff Services
- Diploma in Hospitality, Travel and Customer Service
- Diploma in Air Cargo Practices & Documentation
- Diploma in Airport Ground Staff Training with On-job Training
3. Degree Courses
Degree courses are the most important course out of all three. The duration of the course is 3 years long and you must have passed the 10+2 standard in any steam
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess Training
- B.Sc. Aviation
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
In this section, you know the full eligibility criteria to become an Air Hostess. There are may this which are considered as eligibility criteria such as Educational Qualification, Age and Marital Status, Physical Standard and Medical condition. Let us Discuss clearly one by one.
- Educational Qualification:
→ The minimum educational qualification to pursue Air Hostess courses is 10+2 standard in any steam. If you are looking for a Post Graduate programme the minimum qualification would be graduation.
- Age Limit:
→ The age limit for this course is within 17 to 26 years and it may varies according to the institute.
- Physical Standard:
→ As we know that this profession needs high personality and physical appearance so institutions take some physical appearance as eligibility criteria. Minimum height required is 5.2” or 157 cm. The weight of a person should be according to her hight. Skin complexion does matter and it must fair to clear complexion. Physical fit and attractive physique.
- Medical Condition:
→ Candidate must have medically fit and should not have any illness. Eye sight requirement is 6/9. Few airlines can give some concession. You should not be suffering from any major disease.
So there are the requirements that you must have to fulfill to become an Air Hostess.
You can directly apply whenever the admission is open. You have to give a written exam and then you have to qualify the interview. In this interview, you voice, personality, communication skills are considered.
Once you have completed your course successfully you are ready to get hired by following Airline companies in the country. Which company is going to hire you is depend on your skills and personality.
- Air India
- Indian Airlines
- Alliance Air
- Go Air
- Jet Airways
- Gulf Air
- Singapore Airlines
- Jet Airways
As we know that Air Hostess is a high paid profession but it varies according to airlines companies. You will get anything between Rs. 20,000 to 80,000. Domestic airlines pay Rs 20,000 to Rs 35,000 and international airlines can pay up to Rs 80,000 depending upon the experience. However, some of the luxurious international airliners can pay anything between Rs 100,000 to Rs 200,000 per month to their senior air hostesses.
In addition to this handsome salary, the company provides additional allowances like medical insurance, discount on flight tickets & retirement plan.
List of Top Air Hostess Colleges in India:
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Delhi
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Mumbai
- Universal Airhostess Academy, Chennai
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur
- Air Hostess Academy, Pune
- Avalon Academy, Dehradun
- Air Hostess Academy, Delhi
Note: This whole article applies to men in the same way as it applies to women.